In case you're in FL, or you feel like heading on out to see what's happenin', here's a great chance to find out what's going on in the world of supporting the sound horse and the work being done to stop soring. The Sound Horse Conference is now in the second year after a very successful first year.
The two days will be filled with panels, informative classes, demonstrations, and the like to help end the practice of soring. Some of the sponsors are my two favorite groups, FOSH and NWHA.
The website also has a ton of important information about recent studies on the practices of soring and solid proof that it is still going on. So be sure to peruse the SHC website to learn more.
For more information, click here for the SHC website. If you go, feel free to post a report in the comments section!
"Today, Tennessee Walking Horses are known throughout the industry
as the breed that shows abused and tortured horses."
~ Jim Heird, Ph.D., Do Right By The Horse, February 2010
"If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity,
you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men."
~ St. Francis of Assisi
- ► 2014 (19)
- ► 2013 (70)
- ► 2012 (73)
- ► 2011 (76)
- ► 2010 (40)
- NEWS and ARTICLES - New Bill for State of KY to He...
- ARTICLE - Repost: Court of Appeals Denies Derickso...
- NEWS and ARTICLE - Repost: HSUS Applauds Court of ...
- NEWS - Kentucky Horse Racing Commission decides to...
- HOW YOU CAN HELP - Writing Letters, Part 2: Format...
- PRESENTATIONS - USDA January 2009 Thermography Sem...
- HOW YOU CAN HELP - Writing Letters, Part 1: Langua...
- PRESENTATION - Emphasis on Inspection Protocol Beg...
- PRESENTATION - Videos From the January 2009 USDA D...
- NEWS - The Sound Horse Conference 2009, March 20-2...
- ▼ February (10)