click here for the original pdf.
I had a hard time comparing the two different tables, though. So, I have compiled the data in a new format so we can see all the data for each show in one continuous table. Click here for the table. I apologize for having to scroll--I'm going to work on finding another format for this table...
In the meantime, we can see a very fascinating correlation going on here. If we take the total number of entries in the shows that the USDA attended and compare that to the total number of violations, we get 95% compliance.
304 violations/6,025 entries = 95% compliance
However, if we take the total number of horses actually inspected and compare that number to the total number of violations, we get 83% compliance.
304 violations/1,781 inspected = 83% compliance
It's interesting how the numbers can be manipulated, isn't it?
"Today, Tennessee Walking Horses are known throughout the industry
as the breed that shows abused and tortured horses."
~ Jim Heird, Ph.D., Do Right By The Horse, February 2010
"If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity,
you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men."
~ St. Francis of Assisi
- ► 2014 (19)
- ► 2013 (70)
- ► 2012 (73)
- ► 2011 (76)
- ► 2010 (40)
- ► 2009 (42)
- ARTICLE and NEWS - From one horse to another: make...
- RESEARCH - Chemicals found in the USDA sniffer tes...
- NEWS - Earl's at it again: Accounting requested fo...
- NEWS - More fuel for the fire: USDA Inspectors Har...
- THOUGHTS - I added another catagory
- NEWS and RESEARCH - USDA Foreign Substances Result...
- NEWS and RESEARCH - Shows Attended by USDA in 2008...
- ARTICLE and NEWS - Chattanooga Times information o...
- THOUGHTS - An admission of guilt?
- NEWS - The results are in! Soring Violations Were...
- NEWS - USDA inspectors dampen walking horse show
- NEWS - Letter to the Editor of Kentucky Herald
- ARTICLE - New editorial concerning soring and Sen....
- ARTICLE - For those of you who want positive info ...
- ARTICLE - The Senate Guru Blog Labor Day Post
- ARTICLE - The Rural Blog post concerning sore hors...
- ARTICLE - Barefoot and Progressive post regarding ...
- ▼ September (17)