The Senate Guru organizes each post by putting the state's name and following it with information. I have copied the information concerning the Big Lick horse here. For the full blog post, click here.
Kentucky: OK, this is pretty grotesque. New documents obtained by the Kentucky print media evidence that Mitch McConnell has backed the Tennessee Walking Horse Industry in pressuring the USDA to lay off of oversight of the Horse Protection Act so that horse trainers can deliberately inflict cruel physical treatment upon the horses so that they simply step higher. In other words, Mitch McConnell is trying to get the U.S. Government to tacitly permit industry-wide cruelty to animals. Oh, and, I'm sure coincidentally, "the industry gave McConnell tens of thousands of dollars in campaign donations and hired his Senate chief of staff, Niels Holch, as its Washington lobbyist and attorney." Mitch McConnell is a sick degenerate who will prostitute his political influence for a few bucks. He does not deserve another six-year term as a U.S. Senator. A six-year term he does deserve is one spent behind bars rather than C-SPAN cameras.
"Today, Tennessee Walking Horses are known throughout the industry
as the breed that shows abused and tortured horses."
~ Jim Heird, Ph.D., Do Right By The Horse, February 2010
"If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity,
you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men."
~ St. Francis of Assisi
- ► 2014 (19)
- ► 2013 (70)
- ► 2012 (73)
- ► 2011 (76)
- ► 2010 (40)
- ► 2009 (42)
- ARTICLE and NEWS - From one horse to another: make...
- RESEARCH - Chemicals found in the USDA sniffer tes...
- NEWS - Earl's at it again: Accounting requested fo...
- NEWS - More fuel for the fire: USDA Inspectors Har...
- THOUGHTS - I added another catagory
- NEWS and RESEARCH - USDA Foreign Substances Result...
- NEWS and RESEARCH - Shows Attended by USDA in 2008...
- ARTICLE and NEWS - Chattanooga Times information o...
- THOUGHTS - An admission of guilt?
- NEWS - The results are in! Soring Violations Were...
- NEWS - USDA inspectors dampen walking horse show
- NEWS - Letter to the Editor of Kentucky Herald
- ARTICLE - New editorial concerning soring and Sen....
- ARTICLE - For those of you who want positive info ...
- ARTICLE - The Senate Guru Blog Labor Day Post
- ARTICLE - The Rural Blog post concerning sore hors...
- ARTICLE - Barefoot and Progressive post regarding ...
- ▼ September (17)