"Today, Tennessee Walking Horses are known throughout the industry
as the breed that shows abused and tortured horses."
~ Jim Heird, Ph.D., Do Right By The Horse, February 2010
"If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity,
you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men."
~ St. Francis of Assisi
Wednesday, May 22, 2013
REPOST - HOW YOU CAN HELP - Contact the Energy and Commerce Committee Members Today!
I'm reposting this to remind everyone of the work that still needs to be done. Feel free to write to them once a week, every day if you have to.
Also, I wanted to let everyone know that Marsha Blackburn who is on the committee is in deep with the burners and lickers. So be sure to hit all of them hard! We don't want her convincing them to drop this again!
So now that the PAST Act (HR 1518) is back in the Energy and Commerce Committee, we need to push hard to get this sucker through to the next step.
Robin P. of our Facebook group was kind enough to give me a list of all of the members of the EC Committee. She also included local zip codes with the list. Thank you so much, Robin! So all you have to do is this:
1. Click on the name of each member for the link to their email page.
2. Use the zip code listed to get authentication. If you need an address, google the local cemetery or national park.
3. Send him/her a polite and short message about the PAST Act. Feel free to use the FTTWH press package or any information from the FTTWH website to back up your facts. It's good to talk about the current Wheelon situation and the current list the USDA has out about their swab test results from the 2012 Celebration. Click here for my post that includes talking about the results.
4. Feel free to call him/her as well to pound the message home.
5. Repeat! The squeaky wheel gets the grease!
- Write your message first and then just copy and paste into each email to make it go faster.
- Use correct grammar and intelligent conversation. Do not call people names or use curse words.
- Point out that they aren't just abusing animals, but are also breaking a law that would be very easy to follow if they were no longer allowed to police themselves.
You can also contact your local Congresspersons to prepare them for the PAST Act and to ask them to ask their pals in the EC about it. Also ask them to consider co-sponsoring it. Go to www.senate.gov and www.house.gov and choose the search option in the upper left hand corner to find your local Congresspersons.
And don't forget about POPVOX, another great way to get your message to your local Congresspersons.
Thanks to all of you for working hard to help save the horse! We CAN do this!
Rep Joe Barton, Ennis, TX 75119-2002
Rep Gus Bilirakis, Wesley Chapel, FL 33454-5755
Rep Marsha Blackburn, Clarksville, TN 37043-2811
Rep Michael Burgess, Lewisville, TX 75067-2919
Rep G.K. Butterfield, Durham, NC 27701-3101
Rep John Barrow, Augusta, GA 30901-2823
Rep Bruce Braley, Cedar Rapids, IA 52401-2911
Rep Lois Capps, Santa Barbara, CA 93101-3601
Rep Bill Cassidy, Baton Rouge, LA 70808-3901
Rep Kathy Castor, Tampa, FL 33607-3376
Rep Donna Christensen, St John, Virgin Island 00831-1790
Rep Diane Degette, Denver, CO 80203-4431
Rep John Dingell, Dearborn, MI 48124-4071
Rep Mike Doyle, Pittsburgh, PA 15203-2135
Rep Renee Ellmers, Dunn, NC 28334-4531
Rep Eliot Engel, Bronx, NY 10463-2464
Rep Anna Eshoo, Palo Alto, CA 94301-8104
Rep Cory Gardner, Castle Rock, CO 80108-4676
Rep Gene Green, Houston, TX 77029-1668
Rep Phil Gingrey, Marietta, GA 30060-2931
Rep Brett Guthrie, Bowling Green, KY 42101-3501
Rep Ralph Hall, Rockwall, TX 75087-6673
Rep Gregg Harper, Meridian, MS 39301-5031
Rep Bill Johnson, Marietta, OH 45750-5705
Rep Leonard Lance, Westfield, NJ 07090-5361
Rep Bob Latta, Bowling Green, OH 43402-6405
Rep Bill Long, Springfield, MO 65804-6536
Rep Ben Ray Lujan, Santa Fe, NM 87505-6190
Rep Ed Markey, Medford, MA 02155-2836
Rep Jim Matheson, West Jordon, UIT 84088-3011
Rep Doris Matsui, Sacramento, CA 95814-7163
Rep David McKinley, Morgantown, WV 26505-7564
Rep Cathy McMorris Rodgers, Spokane, WA 99201-2006
Rep Jerry McNerney, Stockton, CA 95207-1947
Rep Tim Murphy, Pittsburgh, PA 15228-2301
Rep Pete Olson, Sugarland, TX 77478-5951
Rep Frank Pallone, Brunswick, NJ 08901-9965
Rep Mike Pompeo, Wichita, KS 67207-3489
Rep Mike Rogers, Lansing, MI 48915-4872
Rep Bobby Rush, Chicago, IL 60619-4372
Rep Steve Scalise, Hammond, GA 70401-3015
Rep John Shimkus, Effingham, IL 62401-5271
Rep John Surbanes, Towson, MD 21204-4016
Rep Lee Terry, Omaha, NE 68154-4155
Rep Paul Tonko, Albany, NY 12210-5076
Rep Fred Upton, Kalamazoo, MI 49007 ph: 202-225-3761
Rep Greg Walden, Bend, OR 97701-6730
Rep Henry Waxman, Los Angeles, CA 90048-3976
Rep Peter Welch, Burlington, VT 05401-4115
- ► 2014 (19)
- NEWS - Performance Horse Group Offers to *Buy* Per...
- HOW YOU CAN HELP - Please Send Out Some Positive E...
- NEWS - A Breakthrough? Tracy Boyd, President of T...
- REPOST - HOW YOU CAN HELP - Contact the Energy and...
- NEWS and ARTICLES - Ag-Gag Bill in TN Vetoed - WE ...
- NEWS, ARTICLES and HOW YOU CAN HELP - Keep Writing...
- ▼ May (6)
- ► 2012 (73)
- ► 2011 (76)
- ► 2010 (40)
- ► 2009 (42)