Unfortunately, it seems that three of the five Tennessee Senators are either immoral jerks or were paid a lot of money, and the Ag-Gag Bill passed the Senate. (Click here for my previous post about this.)
So now it's going to the House. GET YOUR LETTERS IN IMMEDIATELY!
Per Robin P. on our Facebook group, they have amended the bill saying that it applies to people who intentionally photograph/video, etc. the situation. It wouldn't apply to someone who just happens to capture abuse on their camera when photographing/videoing anything else. Well, whatever--it's still a problem. The photographer/videographer must also report the violation to the law enforcement agency with "jurisdiction" over the alleged offense. Let's note that this means the sheriff could easily alert the abuser if they are in cahoots.
CLICK HERE for the list of Tennessee Reps.
Tips for writing your letter:
1. Use your personal email address or call - phone calls and email addresses are what go through the best.
2. Make it short and to the point.
3. Do not use cuss words or angry language.
4. Point out the same issues I pointed out in my previous post about this bill.
We need to see this bill stopped in its tracks! And we need all the help we can get! PLEASE call or write!
ARTICLE: Tennessee bill would limit undercover animal abuse investigations
"Today, Tennessee Walking Horses are known throughout the industry
as the breed that shows abused and tortured horses."
~ Jim Heird, Ph.D., Do Right By The Horse, February 2010
"If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity,
you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men."
~ St. Francis of Assisi
- ► 2014 (19)
- HOW YOU CAN HELP - The PAST Act: Please Contact Me...
- NEWS and VIDEOS - Further Updates on the Wheelon C...
- **UPDATED** BREAKING NEWS AND ARTICLES - Horses Fo...
- HOW YOU CAN HELP - Ellen and Wayne Parcelle Expose...
- LOTS OF INFO - Ag-Gag Bill Results, Raid at BL Bar...
- **UPDATED** NEWS - IT'S HERE! HR 1518 HPA Amendm...
- EXTREMELY IMPORTANT: GET YOUR LETTERS TO THE HOUSE...
- NEWS, ARTICLES and HOW YOU CAN HELP - Who to Write...
- ▼ April (8)
- ► 2012 (73)
- ► 2011 (76)
- ► 2010 (40)
- ► 2009 (42)