"Today, Tennessee Walking Horses are known throughout the industry
as the breed that shows abused and tortured horses."

~ Jim Heird, Ph.D., Do Right By The Horse, February 2010

"If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity,
you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men."

~ St. Francis of Assisi

Monday, December 15, 2008

NWHA 2008 Nationals Video Presentation

This is a great video posted on YouTube by NWHA to show how great their TWHs are in the show ring. Look at the smooth movements and fluid motion of these horses. THIS is what the flat walk and running walk are all about. Even the Planation horses looked normal and didn't have mechanical animation. Click here for the video.

I have the DVDs from the NWHA Nationals, and although I haven't watched them all yet, I am so impressed so far with what I saw. The judges placed the horses exactly as they should have been placed. It is so nice to watch these animals really being showcased for what they truly are.

1 comment:

Nicole Falk said...

I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing that I ACTUALLY shed a tear watching that video. I cannot remember the last time I smiled that hard and choked up like that watching TWH. That is just so beautiful and amazing to see - relaxed and happy animals with loving owners and riders as it should be!

Blog Archive